103_973.pdf 465 KB
The effect of quercetin on thermotolerance in NIH 3T3 cells : From a view point of cell survival
The inhibition of thermotolerance development by quercetin was examined in NIH 3T3 cells. The cytotoxicity of quercetin increased with the increase in the concentration (10,100μg/ml) and duration (12,48,72 hours) of treatment. The cell killing effect of heat was not enhanced by quercetin (10μg/ml) itself. Quercetin (10μg/ml) inhibited the proliferation of cells for about 72 hours. Quercetin (10μg/ml) delayed the development of thermotolerance, but did not decrease the degree of maximum thermotolerance. Quercetin (10μg/ml) exibited no effect on the decay of thermotolerance.
|Publication Title Alternative||
Journal of Okayama Medical Association
Okayama Medical Association
1) Gerner EW and Schneider MJ : Induced thermal resistance in HeLa cells. Nature (1975) 256, 500-502.
2) Fisher GA, Li GC and Hahn GM : Modification of the thermal responce by D2O. Ⅰ. Cell survival and the temperature shift. Radiat Res (1982) 92, 530-540.
3) Henle KJ and Leeper DB : Modification of the heat response and thermotolerance by cycloheximide, hydroxyurea and lucanthone in CHO cells. Radiat Res (1982) 90, 339-349.
4) Subjeck JR, Sciandra JJ, Chao CF and Jhonson RJ : Heat shock protein and biological response to hyperthermia. Br J Cancer (1982) 45 (Suppl. V), 127-131.
5) Landry J, Bernier D, Chretien P, Nicole LM, Tanguay RM and Marceau N : Synthesis and degradation of heat shock proteins during development and decay of thermotolerance. Cancer Res (1982) 42, 2457-2461.
6) 小石元紹，細川暢子，佐藤 衛，中井 彰，平芳一法，平岡真寛，阿部光幸，永田和宏：熱ショック蛋白質合成阻害剤である quercetin によって温熱耐性は阻害される．Jpn J Hyperthermic Oncol (1990) 6, 329.
7) Kuhnau J : The flavonoids. A class of semi-essential food components : their role in human nutrition. World Rev Nutr Diet (1976) 24, 117-191.
8) Brown JP : A review of the genetic effect of naturally occuring flavonoids, anthraquinones and related compounds, Mutat Res (1980) 75, 243-277.
9) Graziani Y and Chayoth R : Regulation of cyclic AMP level and synthesis of DNA, RNA and protein by quercetin in Ehrlich ascites tumor cells. Biochem Pharmacol (1979) 28, 397-403.
10) Belt JA, Thomas JA, Buchsbaum RN and Racker E : Inhibition of lactate transport and glycolysis in Ehrlich ascites tumor cell by bioflavonoids. Biochem (1979) 18, 3506-3511.
11) Lang DR and Racker E : Effects of quercetin and Fl inhibitor on mitochondrial ATPase and energy-linked reactions in submitochondrial particles. Biochem Biophys Acta (1974) 333, 180-186.
12) Shoshan V and MacLennan DH : Quercetin interaction with the (Ca2＋, Mg2＋) -ATPase of sarcoplasmic reticulum. J Biol Chem (1981) 256, 887-892.
13) Ferriola PC, Cody V and Middleton E : Protein kinase C inhibition by plant flavonoids. Biochem Pharmacol (1989) 38, 1617-1624.
14) Lanni C and Becker EL : Inhibition of neutrophil phospholipase A2 by p-bromophenylacyl bromide, nordihydroguaiaretic acid, 5, 8, 11, 14-eicosatetrayenoic acid and quercetin. Int Arch Allergy Appl Immunol (1985) 76, 214-217.
15) Afanas'ev IB, Dorozhko AI, Brodskii AV, Kostyuk VA and Potapovitch AI : Chelating and free radical scavenging mechanisms of inhibitory action of rutin and quercetin in lipid peroxidation. Biochem Pharmacol (1989) 38, 1763-1769.
16) Yamashita Y, Kawada S and Nakano H : Induction of mammalian topoisomerase Ⅱ dependent DNA cleavage by nonintercalative flavonoids, genistein and orobol. Biochem Pharmacol (1990) 39, 737-744.
17) Markaverich BM, Roberts RR, Alejandro MA, Johnson GA, Middleditch BS and Clark JH : Bioflavonoid interaction with rat uterine type Ⅱ binding sites and cell growth inhibition. J Steroid Biochem (1988) 30, 71-78.
18) Hirano I, Ueno I, Hosaka S, Takahashi H, Matsushima T, Sugimura T and Natori S : Carcinogenicity examination of quercetin and rutin in ACI rats. Cancer Lett (1981) 13, 15-21.
19) Bjeldanes LF and Chang GW : Mutagenic activity of quercetin and related compounds. Science (1977) 197, 577-578.
20) Hosokawa N, Hosokawa Y, Sakai T, Yoshida M, Marui N, Nishino H, Kawai K and Aoike A : Inhibitory effect of quercetin on the synthesis of a possibly cell-cycle-related 17-kDa protein, in human colon cancer cells. Int J Cancer (1990) 45, 1119-1124.
21) Kim JH, Kim SH, Alfieri AA and Young CW : Quercetin, an inhibitor of lactate transport and a hyperthermic sensitizer of HeLa cells. Cancer Res (1984) 44, 102-106.
22) Massicotte NP, Glofcheski DJ, Kruuv J and Leapock JR : Relationship between hyperthermic cell killing and protein denaturation ay alcohols. Radiat Res (1981) 87, 284-299.
23) Lee YJ, Hou Z, Curetty L, Borrelli MJ and Corry PM : Correlation between restribution of a 26 kDa protein and development of chronic thermotolerance in various mammalian cell lines. J Cell Phys (1990) 145, 324-332.
|Eprints Journal Name||