109_15.pdf 3.92 MB
Formation of lentoid body from retinal pigment epithelium of chick embryo in floating culture
We observed the morphologic changes of tissue fragments of retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) of chick embryos in floating culture under the presence of bacic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF). At higher concentration (10 and 200 ng/ml) of bFGF, rolled up RPE sheets grew to develop non-pigmented lumps with the structure like onions, while dissociated RPE cells did not from such structure. Histologically, the onion-like structure consisted of lens-fiber-like cells, positive for anti-crystallin antibody and anti-bFGF-receptor antibody. This lentoid structure was not formed at 1 ng/ml or lower concentration of bFGF. The trans differentiation from RPE cells to lens epithelial cells was dependent upon the concentration of bFGF as well as the proper interaction among RPE cells.
|Publication Title Alternative||
Journal of Okayama Medical Association
Okayama Medical Association
1) Eguchi G and Okada TS : Differentiation of lens tissue from the progeny of chick retinal pigment cells culture in vitro : A demonstration of a switch of cell types in clonal cell culture. proc Natl Acad Sci USA (1973) 70, 1495-1499.
2) Park CM and Hollenberg MJ : Basic fibroblast growth factor induces retinal regeneration in vivo. Dev Biol (1989) 134, 201-205.
3) Pittack C, Jones M and Rea TA : Basic fibroblast growth factor induces retinal epithelium to generate neural retina in vivo. Development (1991) 113, 577-588.
4) Opas M and Dziak E : bFGF induced transdifferentiation of RPE to the mechanical properties of the substratum. Dev Biol (1994) 161, 440-454.
5) Moscona A : Rotation-mediated histogenetic aggregation of dissociated cells. A quantifiable approach to cell interactions in vitro. Exp Cell Res (1961) 22, 455-475.
6) Steinberg MS : Reconstruction of tissues by dissociated cells. Science (1963) 141, 401-408.
7) Mueller-Klieser W : Multicellular spheroids. A review on cellular aggregates in cancer research. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol (1987) 113, 101-122.
8) Delong GR : Histogenesis of fetal mouse isocortex and hippocampus in reaggrigating cell cultures. Dev Biol (1970) 22, 563-583.
9) Trapp BD, Honegger P, Richelson E and Webster H : Morphological differentiation of mechanically dissociated fetal rat brain in aggregating cell cultures. Brain Res (1979) 160, 117-130.
10) Landry J, Bernier D, Ouellet C, Goyette R and Marceau N : Spheroidal aggregate culture of rat liver cells : Histotypic recognization, biomatrix deposition, and maintenance of functional activities. J Cell Biol (1985) 101, 914-923.
11) Koide N, Sakaguchi K, Koide Y, Asano K, Kawaguchi M, Matsushima H, Takenami T, Shinji T, Mori M and Tsuji T : Formation of multicellular spheroids composed of adult rat hepatocytes in dishes with positively charged surfaces and under other nonadherent environment. Exp Cell Res (1990) 186, 227-235.
12) 林 倫子：網膜色素上皮細胞の組織培養に関する研究-正常ニワトリ胚網膜色素上皮の培養細胞について-．日眼会誌 (1977) 81, 692-700.
|Eprints Journal Name||