110_53.pdf 1.1 MB
Sugar chain alterations of glycoproteins in spent culture media of human hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines analyzed by lectin-affinity electrophoresis
Sugar chain alterations of α-fetoptotein (AFP),α1-Antitrypsin (AAT) and transferrin (Tf) in spent culture media of human hepatoma cell lines, HuH-7, huH-1, Hep-G2 and KIM-1, were analyzed by lectin-affinity electrophoresis with Concanavalin A (Con A), Lens culinaris agglutinin (LCA) and Phaseolus vulgaris lectin (E4-PHA) and antibody-affinty blotting. Their glycoforms demonstrated lectin-dependent characteristic patterns similar to the glycoforms of AFP in hepatocellular carcinomas, although their separation became less chear as the number of sugar chains per molecule increased. The proportions of band intensities of the glycoform of AAT and Tf corresponding to AFP-C1, AFP-L3 and AFP-P4 increased consistently in all cell lines. However, the extent of the increases in the glycoforms differed from one cell line to another, reflecting tumor heterogenity. On the other hand, the sugar chain alterations of glycoproteins were similar in each cell line, although the glycoforms separated with Con A showed slightly different patterns from those separated with LCA. Accordingly, hepatocelluler carcinoma may be detected at an early stage by analyzing the glycoforms of serum AAT and Tf by lectin-affinity electrophoresis for cases with negative AFP.
lectin affinity electrophoresis
cultured hepatoma cell line
|Publication Title Alternative||
Journal of Okayama Medical Association
Okayama Medical Association
1) Taketa K, Ichikawa E, Taga H and Hirai H : Antibody-affinity blotting, a sensitive technique for the detection of α-fetoprotein separated by lectin affinity electrophoresis in agarose gels.Electrophoresis (1985) 6, 492-497.
3) Sekine C, Aoyagi Y and Suzuki Y : The reactivity of alpha-1-antitrypsin with Lens culinaris agglutinin and its usefulness in the neoplanstic diseases of the liver. Br. J. Cancer (1987) 56, 371-375.
4) Suzuki Y, Aoyagi Y, Mori S, Suda T, Yanagi M and Asakura H : Microheterogeneity of serum transferrin before and after therapies to hepetocellular carcinoma. Int. Hepatol. Commun. (1995) 4, 190-194.
5) Bφg-Hansen T C, Bjerrum O J and Ramlau J : Detection of biospecific interaction during the first dimension electrophoresis in crossed immunoelectrophoresis. Scand. J. Immunol. (1975) 4(Suppl.), 141-147.
6) Breborowicz J, Nackiewicz A and Breborowicz D : Microheterogenity of α-Fetoprotein in patient serum as demonstrated by lictin affino-electrophoresis. Scand. J. Immunol. (1981) 14, 15-20.
7) Nakabayashi H, Taketa K, Miyano K, Yamane T and Sato J : Growth of human hepatoma cell lines with differentiated functions in chemically defined medium. Cancer Res. (1982) 42, 3858-3863.
8) Huh N and Ukakoji T : Production of serum HBs-antigen by two new human hepatoma cell lines and its enhancement by dexamethasone. Gann. (1981) 72, 178-179.
9) David P. Aden, Alice F, Staley P, Ivan D, Barbara B and Knowles : Controlled synthesis of HBsAg in a differentiated human liver carcinoma-derived cell line. Nature (1979) 282, 615-616.
10) Murakami T : Establishment and characterization of human hepatoma cell line (KIM-1). Kanzo (1984) 25, 532-539.
11) Doi I : Establishment of a cell line and its clonal sublines from apatient with hepatoblastoma. Gann. (1976) 67, 1-10.
12) Taketa K : A tetrazorium method for peroxidase stining : Application to the antibody-affinity blotting of α-fetoprotein separated by lectine affinity electrophoresis. Electrophoresis (1987) 8, 409-414.
13) 武田和久：腫瘍不均一性と肝細胞癌のマーカー診断 重井医学年報（1989）11，41-53.
14) 小黒 仁：肝細胞癌診断におけるPIVKA－Ⅱならびに各種腫瘍マーカー測定の臨床的研究とその糖鎖変異に関する研究 新潟医学会雑誌（1992）106，1055-1068.
15) 横田 剛：肝細胞癌患者血清におけるトランスフェリン糖鎖変異に関する研究，特にアルファフェトプロテイン糖鎖との関連について 肝臓（1994）35，587-595.
16) Taketa K, Sekiya C, Namiki M, Akamatsu K, Ohta Y and Endo Y : Lectin-reactive profiles of alpha-fetoprotein characterizing hepatocellular carcinoma and related conditions. Gastroenterology (1990) 99, 508-518.
17) 青柳 豊：血清糖蛋白糖鎖変異とその疾患特異性 Jpn J Electroph (1996) 40, 123-128.
18) Bφg-Hansen T. C. and Takeo K : Determination of dissociation constants by affinity electrophoresis : Complexes between human serum proteins and concanavalin A. Electrophoresis (1980) 1, 67-71.
19) Renee E. Poupon, Laure Papoz, Hala Sarmini and Renee Elinck : A study of the microheterogeneity of transferrin in cirrhotic patients. Clinica Chimica Acta (1985) 151, 245-251.
20) Ohno M, Nishikawa A, Kotetsu M, Taga H, Endo Y and Hada T : Enzymatic basis of sugar structures of α-fetoprotein in hepatoma and hepatoblastoma cell lines : correlation with activities of α1-6 fucosyltransferase and N-acetylglucosaminyltransferases Ⅲ and Ⅴ. nt. J. Cancer (1992) 51, 315-317.
|Eprints Journal Name||